9.21.2007

Happy Birthday Daddy! (yesterday)



Yesterday was my dad's 54th birthday! He is so smazing and the funniest guy! If any of you remember him, you'll know he came off as such a tough guy... total facade! I don't know where I would be without him. Everytime we talk he has a new adventure to inform me on (I bought a house in Oklahoma, We're down in San Fran having dinner, We just rented a helicopter and I flew under the golden gate bridge) We have had our share of hard times, but we always make it through them. He calls me weekly and is the sweetest dad. He can't wait to be a grandpa and is constantly informing me that I should be a "good mormon" and have kids right away!(By the way he is not a member of the LDS church) Haha. So I was talking to him yesterday and asked him what he had planned and this is what he said....

dad: "Right now Kaitlin, I am just perfecting my pale ale"
me" "What dad?"
dad:"Oh, well I got a home brewing kit so I can make my own beer"
me: "Huh?"
dad: "You're not listening, I decided I want to make my own beer. So I ordered this and my first batch is a fine pale ale"
me: "Uhhh, ok? (Laughing hysterically) are you going to make wine too?"
dad: "Wine is a fine art, I don't know if i'll be able to master. Perhaps some day. For now i'll just have to continue my trips to napa valley to spy"
me: "Ok dad (STILL laughing hysterically). I love you. Have a happy birthday. I'll call you later"


I LOVE my dad so much and miss him more than I ever thought I would. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!!

4 comments:

Lambert the Sheepish Lions said...

Both of our bdays are in Oct. We were a month away from 23 when we got married, and had no idea that it was going to be that challenging to conceive a child. ~ With that said... I would not change the time we spent married before we did have our son, the struggle of conception (it brought us closer), and the patience it taught us. ~ We knew going into our marriage that we wanted to wait at least 2 years before we started trying for kids, but as soon as we were married we were very baby hungry. ~ Just goes to show you that it isn't in our time.. but Heavenly Father's. ~ How old are you and Jonathon now?

By the way...I love how bright your blog is. It's always uplifting to read it. Thanks!
Love ya!

Brianna said...

I swear I don't stalk my own blog! I just happened to be online when you wrote me that last comment. I found my job by using the website www.greataupair.com It is the best, most comprehensive website for nannies I have found and they have a lot of listings in Utah. I honeslty think I have found the best nanny job because we also get to live in an apartment attached to their house for free. Yes, I do make good money but I also work 7 days/60 hours a week. I would say to look for jobs in Park City because they pay the best. The great thing about being a nanny is that the hours/days are usually very flexible. If you want I can keep my ear out for any openings. Wow, long comment

Robyn said...

hey kaitlin, This is Robyn 4th ward....george lin makes me shudder a bit but it does ring a bell....how are you?

Laura Edwards said...

Your dad is so cool! I remember him being funny, because he was always being so 'serious and fierce'. Deep in his heart, he's a sweet guy.