4.07.2008

Look what I found



So I have passed these places for the past nearly 2 years without much thought. Really, they just looked nasty ghetto to me. On Saturday I went with my mother in law to run some errands and we ended up here. They have the best produce! Reminds me almost of being at Farmers Market in Santa Cruz (too bad it's still snowing up here, so who knows when that will start). We left with

2 pineapples

several grapefruits

10 apples

4 pears

several oranges

2 mangoes

2 bundles of asparagus

and 1 1/2 CASES of fresh strawberries


All this was under $30! I was amazed, at my usual harmons I wouldn't even start to guess what that would have cost. I don't really know where they are, maybe just up here in the Salt Lake valley. If you can, do go. I highly recommend! I was so happy to fill up on produce, for some reason citrus fruits help my "morning" sickness SO much. Typically on days I have a grapefruit or orange, I do not throw up after eating one. So weird. Also we're not just obsessed with strawberries, they we're on sale so in between conferences Jon's mom taught us how to make her strawberry jam. I would NEVER even think of attempting this, but it was so easy. Jon is super picky and will only eat his mom's (or grandma's) strawberry jam. I think we're good for about another year :). I also made some yummy fresh squeezed strawberry lemonade to go with last nights dinner. This coming from the girl who gets confused making toast. Watch out Martha!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOu are so funny! I love that you always refer to my husband as Lex haha! Yeah, we are an odd couple with height but at least my kids have a fighting chance to being more than 5' right? I guess yours do to!

Nice steal on the fruit! I drive all the way to Harmons to get great produce and never escape there without spending a small fortune!

Anonymous said...

And holy cow! Your pregnant! Awesome, congratulations. Best job you;ll ever have!!

Laurel said...

I'm so excited for you! Having a baby for your birthday! I'm glad you found something to ease the "morning" sickness. Vitamin B helped me. Worth a try. Motherhood is so awesome. I never could have imagined how beautiful and fun it is! Lincoln is just over a month old and just learning to smile. I love it!

You asked about the pictures. They were taken by a photographer named Ron Adair. My sister-in-law (Ben's wife, Brooke) works for him and when she found out I was in labor she called me and asked Ron could come take pictures of the birth. My first thought was "of course not," but after talking it out with Dave between contractions we decided to let him do it. We figured if we hated them we didn't have to look at them. And he'd just be one more stranger in a room full of nurses we'd never met. He was awesome! He took pictures of the last few minutes of labor and first few minutes of birth and they are amazing! These are moments that are so emotional and rare and they would have been somewhat forgotten or completely unnoticed had he not been there. And all those pictures of Dave! No one would have taken any pictures of him and Lincoln in those first few minutes. I highly, highly recommend this. Had I not just experienced it, I would have told you "ew, weird, no." But, it's beautiful. I'll do it for ALL my kids.

Karamea said...

thanks for posting about all of those delicious fruits i love and can't have.
why? because i'm currently doing the cleanse!

yes it's only day one. but still! i'm doing it. at least trying.
we'll see how this goes!

Brandon, Camille & Milo said...

I had to laugh at your post. I have gone to Reams many times to get cowboy boots. I never knew they had good produce. They are only up north though. Hey did you ever come down to St George? It's ok if you were too busy. But I was talking to Char and we wanted to see if there was a time you Macy and Jules were coming down and we would get Karamea and go to lunch or dinner before my baby comes. Let me know what ya think!

Lambert the Sheepish Lions said...

LOL..Reams!!! Wow..it's been since our poor college single days since Sean and I have gone there...that and we don't live in Utah anymore.

Fun though!

How's the pregnancy?

Tyler & Macy Kennett said...

haha I am going to have to go there. Hey I read Camilles post and I was thinking me, you and jules should take a little road trip to St. George and visit all the old friends sometime soon. That sounds so fun.

Mikelle said...

K i love Reams it's kind of a weird store but they also have really good bakery items and a good deli i worked right next to one..can you tell.

Anonymous said...

That's funny... I think Reams looks nasty too. They really should fix up their outside! Every Reams I have ever seen looks run down.

Miss Ciara Nicole said...

i will never forget the time you tried to make waffles at my house LMAO that was classic how the freak does one mess up waffles?! haha I am so sad I didn't get to see your face saturday!

Tyler & Macy Kennett said...

Is your prego tummy showing yet? I need to see you... you hate me don't you. Seriously though I need my Kaity.