3.12.2008

Preggers!!


Sorry, this pic isn't that great. I took it after the tests had been sitting there for a couple days. I was going to wait to post this for awhile, but word got out (jon is so excited he cannot keep his mouth shut) and I was afraid of running into someone and having them think that I am either


a. terminally ill


or


b. bulimic




It's official, I am pregnant. We were NOT trying and so I freaked at first! Condoms do NOT work (please heed the warning on the back of the box, you too could be one of the very small percentage) I swear it's like Friends when Ross knocks Rachel up. I feel bad saying that because I know there are people out there who try and try. I guess this was our time though, and we're SO EXCITED!! We found out last week and I am almost 2 months! So weird still. Our estimated due date is Nov. 6th! Another thing we kinda freaked about, from the last week in October to the first week in December we have 6 birthdays in our families, including mine and Jon's! Then Christmas... oh we're gonna be broke joke's!


Morning sickness has started with a vengeance! Ooooh, it's no good. I'm so sick all the time. I can't eat, and when I do it doesn't stay down. Kendra was the same way. Thanks to Nichole for all the helpful advise on what foods help and what not. She's been a BIG help, along with Rachael. I feel like I have the stomach flu all the time but the books say that's good because it means your body is accepting the baby. Other than that i've been feeling pretty normal, the bathroom and I have become best friends between throwing up and I pee like every 5 seconds! We'll be excited no matter what it is, however Jon is already praying for a boy (literally every night).




Any advice is freely welcomed (please), this is the first time I have ever been preggers so I still feel so lost, despite all the books/info from the internet I read. My first doctor's appointment isn't until April 21st!! I'll be 13 weeks. However the ob/gyn (she is my mother and sisters in law dr.) wasn't accepting new patients. Thanks to who I know I got in though. I am on a cancellation list though, so hopefully i'll get in sooner so she can prescribe something for this sickness!




31 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! That is sooo exciting! Congrats! :)

Mikelle said...

Kaity i'm glad your on here congrats to you and your hubby on being pregnant thats exciting. I hope you start feelin better soon too.

Mikelle said...

Kaity i'm glad your on here congrats to you and your hubby on being pregnant thats exciting. I hope you start feelin better soon too.

The Mursets said...

Yeepy!! So we could easily have our babies the same day! I went over almost a week last time, so it could happen again. I hope you get feeling better! I sip Hansen's Ginger Ale all day.(It is one of the few brands that actually has Ginger in it- which helps the stomach). Good Luck & Congratulations!!!!!

Miss Ciara Nicole said...

Kaity!! That's awesome!! Congrats!

Steele, Amy, Abi said...

Congratulations! I am so excited. You know you can call me anytime with questions.
Amy Carter

Steele, Amy, Abi said...

I am oficially a blogger! Any Helpful hints to make it better? Check it out @ steeleamy.blogspot.com

Beads Bee Boutique said...

Yeah Kaity! I'm always happy to hear that I can share the misery and joy of pregnancy with one of my friends. Sorry about the morning sickness, I just got over my first trimester and hopefully it goes away for you too...Congrats!

Adam said...

Congratulations! That's funny that it was a total accident. I should keep that condom thing in mind so I don't have any surprises! Hope you start feeling better soon!

... said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so exciting! Good Luck and I hope you feel better!

RHETT AND NICHOLE said...

Yay for the official announcement. I didn't even leak it, are you proud? I really hope you start feeling better, it is kinda tough, hang in there, I feel for you!

Brianna said...

Oh my gosh! Congrats! That is so great (and kinda funny too...damn condoms!) What an exciting time in your life. I was actually going to ask you if yo'd be interested in my job...guess not!

On another note, where do you guys live? Did you buy a house or are you renting? If your renting then where is it that allows you to have two dogs? I want a dog so bad but no apartment buildings will allow it!

JEREMY & JENNY NELSON said...

YAY!! I was coming to you blog to ask if you started your cleanse yet.. but i guess this answerers my question! hahaha I'm so excited for you two!!! CONGRATS

Derek and Tomi said...

Hey check out my blog! and congrats on the prego!

tdurham.blogspot

Karamea said...

KAITY!
that's soo exciting! babies! well baby but still!
so fun. will jon let nate and i babysit if we move up?!
hahaah

i have no preggos advice for you. but i'm sooo happy for you!

Laura Edwards said...

Holy Smokes!!! Congrats! You are going to be a freakin' mommy! Sweet! Good luck with the morning sickness- sounds no bueno.

klove said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
klove said...

Congratulations!! I'm so excited for ya:) How did you tell Mr. Jon? Matt wants a baby and Id love to think of a really cool way to tell him when the day happens. Sorry no baby advise, but if u ever have a question bout the dogs..I'm here lol

klove said...

That story of you telling Jon is classic. I'm happy for you that he's excited. That was sweet the way he handled it:). No we're not trying yet. Matt's ready but I wanna wait til I can stay at home. Maybe a year or so...we'll see. I'm excited for that day though :)

rickellespinoza said...

congrats! The first pregnancy is always the most exciting!
I saw your comment today, it was exciting to hear from old friends! We are definately going to find out what we are having. I would have anxiety if I didn't know what to buy, how to decorate and all that. I will definately announcing it when I know so check back!

Brandon, Camille & Milo said...

I am so excited you are pregnant!! Our kids will be friends! I am so sorry you have been feeling sick. I was sick for about 16 weeks. But sorry to say I have never felt normal yet. You better call me when you come down for Easter. Maybe we can some of the other girls and all get together.

Tyler & Macy Kennett said...

Kaity I am so happy for you. You are going to be an awesome mom. Let me know if I can do anything for you because I would love to help in any way that I can. As soon as you find out if its a boy or a girl you better pick up that cell and call me girl. I love you.

Beads Bee Boutique said...

Haha, if you think it's weird that someone is living and growing inside you now, just wait till it starts moving around like a big ol' worm or something! haha, I'm kidding, it's actually really awesome, it took a while for it to sink in for me too though. But yeah I was sick bad for like the 1st trimester and then it went away when I hit about 11 or 12 weeks. Everyone is different though, a lot of women get over it after their first trimester, and some...don't. Sucks for them :(

Miss Ciara Nicole said...

How did you know my real desires for moving to las vegas?.. damn you are good... :)

Manda Lynn said...

Congratulations! It is like freakin' baby season right now. My brother and his wife are having a baby; she just got out of her first trimester and is feeling a lot better so there is hope for you! I looove being an FA. That is so funny that you were in Crew Support. Crew support and I used to be cool but I just got in trouble for not being nice to one. Ooops, you know me and my damn attitude problem.

Steele, Amy, Abi said...

I don't know if you got the reply from the message that you left on my blog. Everything is great on my end. I am enjoying school and Abi is so much fun. She thinks that the world revolves around her. We'll be in toe for Easter and I am expecting a call when you get here. I can't wait to meet Jon. If you have any ?s you can always call me. If you are feeling really sick you can always go to your OB doc and get a B12 (or B6 can't remeber) shot. It's supposed to help with nausea.

Tyler & Macy Kennett said...

Lets cross our fingers for November 7th!!!

Laura Edwards said...

Ya- I'd love to get those recipes from ya! Thanks!

Lambert the Sheepish Lions said...

OH my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Call me~! I have tons of advice ..lol.
We are so happy for you.

... said...

How far along are you? When is your first appointment?

Natalie said...

So excited for you guys!! I'm sorry you're so sick, that's not fun. Hopefully you get feeling better and start loving pregnancy