7.17.2007

My life as a Vegetarian!

So a couple months ago I started researching all about vegetarianism, and a little over a month ago I made the transition. Since I became a vegetarian I have lost 8lbs and feel SO much better! I never feel bloated or get that sick feeling after I eat. I'm not some raving PETA activist or anything, I just feel so much better knowing that I am saving over 100 animals a year and living a more healthy lifestyle.

I HIGHLY suggest EVERYONE watch a horribly shocking video titled "meet your meat". This film documentary narrated by Alec Bladwin is what made my choice for me. It's the terrifying truth behind where the meat you eat come from, how the animals are treated, and what disgusting things are passed by the FDA. I sat and watched this and just cried. It's honestly one of the saddest films I have ever seen. I just wish I would have known about this sooner.

Check out the website
www.goveg.com. There are limitless resources on the topic such as the benefits of being vegetarian, how the animals are treated and what they go through before they reach your plate, great recipes, famous vegetarians (you'll be surprised) and they even have resources to help you make the transition. I practically visit this website daily, also peta.org and peta2.org have very helpful resources on which companies test on animals and the horrible truth behind animal testing. We're NOT just talking about mice and rats! Kittens and Puppies are tested on just as much!


4 comments:

RHETT AND NICHOLE said...

i go to the studio on 9400 south and 1300 east, where do you go? you definetely need to come with me. call me, if you don't have my number call tara and get it k! I want you to come with me. And wear little clothing and tight clothing.

Aubrey & Garrett Frei said...

WOW. Talk about making me never want to eat again. But it's really funny that you are researching all that because I just signed up to be a consultant for a skin care line that is basically all natural. If you research what make up is made of, you would never want to touch it to your face again. They make it with so much fat from animals from road kill, from left over meat at the store....ew. If you want details, let me know. I started researching it and this line is just amazing.

Jocelyn said...

Yeah...that would be really hard for me to watch! But also really hard for me to become vegetarian! I'm sure you can get protien from other sources though? Maybe i will look into it!

Lambert the Sheepish Lions said...

Hey you!!! I've been wondering how you and your hubby have been! It's so great to hear from ya!

I'm not sure if you knew or not but we are expecting and just found out a few hours ago that we are having a healthy baby boy! Yippee!!

Well ..I shall have to read your blog to catch up.

Keep in touch!
XOXO