11.25.2008

Happy Birthday To Us


Wow! Time flies. I didn't realize how long it's been since my last post until I was talking to my mom today and she mentioned the pics of Halle were over 2 weeks old. Whoops. Some fun things we've been up to lately. The Couture vs. Lesnar UFC fight @ Robin's with Rori & Doug and fam, BYU vs. Utah (let's just not talk about that one), and combined family birthday party @ the Steak House (thank you grandma) November is quite the month for birthdays in our families. Halle starts it off on the 1st, Jon's is the 17th and mine is tomorrow (the 26th). Not too mention Nana (the 14th), Erin (the 10th) and Jen (the 6th). It's pretty crazy. Other than all that not too much going on here, just adjusting to life as parents. We're pretty lucky, she already sleeps about 7 hours a night. However I need some advice... the nursing is not going so well. I am just not producing enough milk and I just started supplementing her with formula a couple days ago. I don't know what to do. Did anyone else have this problem? I feel like i'm not ready to be done breastfeeding yet. Any knowledge/advice would be greatly appreciated.




Still loving bath time, I love this little robe.

13 comments:

Miss Ciara Nicole said...

She is soo beautiful! Happy Birthday to you! Oh and yes let's not talk about that stupid game. if you are in St. G this holiday season hit me up aight?

Laura =0) said...

Sounds like you've been having a lot of fun with your family! If you have the time and want to produce more milk use a pump atleast every half hour. This should get your milk flowing. Good luck!! Can't wait to meet your little one!

The Mursets said...

So cute! Happy Birthday!!! Just keep pumping if you can, it will be worth it.

Tyler & Macy Kennett said...

HAPPY 23RD BDAY! I hope you do something fun. Oh my gosh your little one is such a doll. I am coming to SL the the first weekend in December but I am not sure exactly what our plans are. Tyler has his EMT test up there so I am hopeing I will be able to have the car and visit you guys. I'll keep you posted. I miss you too!

Kim G said...

Katie-how do you know that you aren't producing enough? How often are you nursing? How long on each side? Do you own a pump? I dried up with Haley when she was six months old and so I have been SOOOO nervous about drying up with Nixon. I've done a lot of looking into it. Make sure you drink LOTS LOTS LOTS of water. A good rule of thumb is drink a full glass every time you nurse which right now should be about 10-12 glasses. Is she growing? I was so stressed that I wasn't producing with Nixon because he was crying and so I figured it's cause he was hungry and i realized that he's fine because he is growing just fine. If you have a pump you can pump after she nurses to make sure you get enough stimulation. You can also get an herb called Fenugreek and it REALLY helps to stimulate milk production. The worst thing you can do right now is suppliment if you want to keep nursing because this tells your body to not produce as much. Anyways, some good websites are www.kellymom.com and www.lalecheleague.com

Kim G said...

also don't base your opinion on how much you pump because she can get your milk out more affectively

Cody, Natalie, Kasia and Cooper! said...

Hey! She is cute!! If you talk to your Dr. they will put you on something. My friend had that happen and she just took a pill the whole time she nursed! Worked for her! :)
Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Laurel said...

Yes. Same thing happened to me. It's really common. My advice: rent a more effective pump from the hospital (or buy one if you have the disposable income right now). They suck it out of you a lot better and stimulate more production. Also, make sure you're drinking A LOT of water. Drink, drink, drink!

Lauren and the kidlets said...

Happy Birthday~ yeah sooo good! I'm soo going again! wish my hubby would go but then i'm sure he'd be lost watching it though! haha! were in Provo now I'm still getting use to it! xoxo

Cassidy Legg said...

I can not believe how much she looks like you! She is so cute. Happy Birthday!

Cassidy Legg said...

Dec 13th at Alta High. High school starts about 3pm. I will know the end of this week when we will compete. I am VERY nervous but these girls will do well. you better be there!!

MeganDan said...

Oh my goodness, pink lady, you're a mom!! Congrats!!

TK said...

WHats up friend I have a blog too check it out :) Is it so fun to see your cute new baby.