11.07.2008

Halle Jeanne Lambert


She's here!!!
Halle Jeanne Lambert
November 1st, 2008 6:16pm
8lbs. 6oz.
21" Long
Yes people, you are reading that right. Apparently I have pretty big babies, especially surprising because I was told I would have a 6.5lb baby! She is perfect. We love her so much! She has been SO good, she isn't fussy, breastfeeding has been a breeze and she's sleeping so well. Halle especially loves baths and having her diaper changed! I think it's so funny.

Can't figure out why this one is upside down

Proud daddy (and his awesome bed head!)

Minutes after birth. I LOVE her red lips!


My AWESOME nurse!


One of the many positions they had me in to try to move her! This was even after the epidural, I could totally still feel my legs and everything. It was nice!


So tired


Don't know why this one is sideways....
The Birth
Friday night (Halloween) Jon and I decided it was time to go into the hospital. I was over my due date and for the past 2 days I had been having a really hard time breathing and had this constant headache, which was really strange for me because I NEVER get headaches. Not to mention all the swelling, everything from my feet to my nose was significantly wider. We got to the hospital and they checked all my vitals and my blood pressure was 140/70! This was EXTREMELY unusual for me, my blood pressure hadn't gone above 90/52 this entire pregnancy. So they called my doc and checked again and it was 160/70. It was determined that I had preeclampsia so they told me I was having this baby ready or not. I was SO ready :). They started me on pitocin because I was only dilated to a 3 and hadn't been progressing although I was 95% effaced. After a little bit I got the epidural, which was awesome! Seriously people, I don't know what all the fuss is about, I would get one everyday if they'd let me. I ended up with a fever after my water broke so they gave me antibiotics and put an internal monitor in to check her heartbeat. Also she was faced up and would not move regardless of what position I was in so the doctor had to manually reach up there and turn her! That was probably the worst pain I felt. After that I pushed for about and hour and Halle was born! I barely tore so they put 2 stitches in me just in case.Labor/Delivery was great, I would do it again tomorrow.

21 comments:

mylyn wood said...

congratulations! she's beautiful! i'm due in april & i hope my delivery is as smooth as yours!
ps. how do you pronounce her name? is it Hal-ee or Hal rhymes with Pal? G-Anne or Jean-ee?

Mikelle said...

Congratulations!!! What an adorable little girl. I can't wait to see more of her.

rickellespinoza said...

congrats! She's adorable! i feel the same way about the epidural. why the heck would you do it without?! haha enjoy her while she is little. before you know it she will be climbing the walls! haha

Katie & Benten Shober said...

I was so excited when Erin came to work and told me you had her. She told me you did so well and she was so proud of you. Congrats she is so dang cute.

Karamea said...

oh my she is beautiful!!!!!!!!! i knew you had her! i figured thats why i hadn't heard from you!!!! i'm so excited to meet her! we live in sugarhouse now! i want to come see you!

Higbee said...

Congrats!! She's beautiful!!

Beads Bee Boutique said...

Katie, Congrats! I think its rad how positive you are. You're going to be great!

Laura =0) said...

Congrats! She is so adorable! Would love to meet her someday, what a doll! Glad everything went so well. Love to you all!

The Mursets said...

She is gorgeous! I hope your recovery goes well.

Tyler & Macy Kennett said...

Oh my goodness she is adorable. I love her little red lips. So cute. I hope to see her soon.

Laurel said...

YAY! She super cute! (And I loved my epidural, too. It was awesome. ) Congrats and have fun with your new little bundle.

A Better No Tomorrow said...

Shes Beautiful. I am so happy for you guys :)

A Better No Tomorrow said...

Shes Beautiful. I am so happy for you guys :)

Natalie said...

Congrats! She's adorable, I can't believe she was 2 pounds heavier than our little girl!! You poor thing. I'm glad delivery went well for you, appearantly I need breast feeding lessons from you because I'm still cracked and bleeding and let's just say Mackenzie almost became a formula baby after day 1.

RHETT AND NICHOLE said...

Holy crap!!! She is so cute! I cant wait to meet her. She looks so much like you!!!!! She's beautiful

Miss Ciara Nicole said...

Congrats Kaity! That is soo exciting. I hope I get to see her soon!

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!!! I think she may look like you!! Babies are the best! I bet you are loving it!

Lauren and the kidlets said...

Congrats babe! she's beautiful! and I know soo many people say that you can't tell who a baby looks like for a while but she's a total mommy lookalike! big babies are the best! :) congrats again! xoxo

Camille said...

Congrats you guys! I'm so excited for you! I'm so glad that all is going so well.

irbs said...

Kaity and Jon
Congratulations!!! I just heard the news and am so happy for you. She is beautiful! Niko, Ari and popou send their love along with me. We can't wait to meet her...is Thanksgiving too soon? It could be her first road trip :) (She needs to see the ocean soon!)
God's Blessings to your new family.
Love Aunt Stacey

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you! It's so amazing isn't it. Even tho you don't get much sleep they are worth it.