8.06.2008

Proof!


See told you I was preggers! Here's my belly at 28 weeks. It's crazy how a few weeks ago I wasn't so much "showing", but ta da, one day I just woke up and little missy had decided to shift forward. Before I was carrying posterior (the doctor still says I am, that'll be fun come labor) but atleast she's off my sciatic nerve 24/7! I have to admit, it's nice being asked when i'm expecting or what i'm having by people now. Before I swear they all just looked at me wondering why I had this awkward beer gut and had let myself go. Even my sister in law said to me the other day "oh yay, you finally look pregnant instead of just fat". Minus that last part, it was kind of a compliment. I think she means well. As inspired by Brianna, i've decided to share what I do enjoy about pregnancy. I feel like all I do is complain, so here we go.

Things I Enjoy about Being Pregnant

*When I can see the baby move, Jon and I will just sit there and watch her. It's kinda creepy but I love it!
*Still fitting into all my pants (the bella band makes it SO comfortable). Honestly I'm just happy I haven't had to waste money on maternity crap yet, and I get to save that money to buy cute stuff for our little girl!
*That Kendra just got a job at the CUTEST baby boutique and I get a nice little discount. It's in Kaysville and is called Cuddle Haven. Check it out!
*The satisfaction I get everytime I remind Jon that he's going to have a little girl. (He still SO wants a boy)
*Not having to suck in my gut... not that I could if I wanted to.
*Indulging in all the girly things, I have wanted to do a feminine room for so long and now I have an excuse. My baby's room.
*Finally justifying a Petunia Picklebottom bag. I have wanted one for so long.
*My sweets cravings. I have never been a big sweets lover, normally I do not enjoy ice cream and cookies and all that junk. But now I love 'em all so i'll take it while I can.

All in all, I will say that I am mos def not one of those people who LOVE being pregnant. In fact I can't see me doing this again anytime within the next 4-5 years, and conveinantly I told Jon that that is how long the doctor said I had to wait before we could start trying again, pretty sure he doesn't buy it but i'm sticking with it! Some days I enjoy it and others I'm so ready to be done with all of the weird aches and sharp pains that come from nowhere, the crazy anxiety I have all of a sudden about everything, running out of breath for no good reason, my swelling feet and hands after being out in the heat, these crazy ass mood swings and still throwing up on a weekly basis. Oh well, only 80 some odd days more of this.... and then things get really crazy :).




16 comments:

The Mursets said...

Aww... so cute. I am sorry to hear that you are still sick! Sheesh! Have fun indulging yourself...I know I am!

Mikelle said...

Your belly is cute! Your so lucky its just your tummy too. Good Luck you look great.

Tyler & Macy Kennett said...

I hope my bod looks like yours when I am ready for a little rugrat.

Julie said...

Hi Kaity! You are looking like a babe of a pregnant women! Seriously, you've got a cute little tummy. Somehow I got suckered into helping hunt down all of our graduating class to get their info (ha). Could you email or text me your address, email and phone numbers ASAP. Thanks. brockandjulieATgmailDOTcom (435)668-2718

Higbee said...

You look soooo cute!!

Manda Lynn said...

Kaity you are still so tiny! I think my gut is bigger than that.

Karamea said...

okay. that's about the size of stomach a normal non prego mom/girl/woman has.
damn you.

and damn skinny bitch! i'm about halfway through, and holy shit! i can't even believe half that stuff! i don't want to eat anything! i picked up some boca burgers and morning star nuggets last week at the store, and that's all i've been able to handle because it's all soy! i'm gonna have some major problems eating from now on!!

when are you coming back down here??

Anonymous said...

You make me sick! Only cuz tiny girls like you and Rachel are TINY while pregnant!!! What the heck happened to me? I get the bad end of the deal! I'm HU-UGE!! haha.
Poor me!

Cute belly!

madi rae said...

oh my goodness... thats so crazy! :)

The Nigburs said...

When are you going to update? I haven't seen you in a while, and Scott said that you really look pregnant now! We need the update!

Danielle said...

Holy cow you are so tiny! Have that baby already! I want to see!

Anonymous said...

Hey Katie! I had him! Yea! Any ways, that shirt is from Rue 21, but like 2 years ago. I got a couple like it from DEB at the start of my pregnancy. They might still have them. They are nice because they are gathered on the sides. They even still fit after pregnancy and you couldn't even tell I wore them!

The Mursets said...

Kaity- where are you??? I am ready for a new update and belly pic too! Have you had any luck deciding on a name?

Laura Edwards said...

Have you had the baby yet?? Your due this month, aren't you? AH! This is exciting!

Unknown said...

We're due almost the same time! I'm a little farther along than you. How exciting!!

Tyler & Macy Kennett said...

when is that baby coming???