7.16.2008

Oh my teeny bopper overload!


Monday night I went to the American Idols Live Tour. Jon's mom bought us all tickets, although Jon would not be caught dead there so it was just me along with his mom and dad, his sisters, my brother in law and the 5 MILLION screaming little teeny boppers just waiting for a peice of that David Archuleta. Chickezie started it off and was SO boring, then Ramiele... Also SO boring (but atleast she's cute), Michael Johns did so so so so good. He did a couple Aerosmith songs and I liked them better than the originals, he was my favorite of the night. Carly was awesome, her voice is so powerful. Then Kristy Lee Cook came on thinking she was hotter than Shania Twain... I ALWAYS hated her, I don't know how she made it as far as she did OR how she was considered the "hot" one. You can imagine I was even more bugged when she actually didn't suck. She was much better than she ever was on the show, but I still can't stand her. Brooke was cute but so cheezy, as usual. Jason Castro started off singing Over The Rainbow and I really liked it, he has a Jason Mraz feel. David Archuleta did amazing, he's just so cute. He sang awesome songs, including When you Say you Love Me by Josh Groban. It was so hard to hear him because everyone (even the 50 year old ladies behind us) were screaming SO effing loud!! He even got all teary and choked up. Last but not least was David Cook, I was never his biggest fan but he did good. I think by that time (3 1/2 hours later) I was just SO ready to go home. My back was killing me thanks to the lovely chairs and I had the worst headache thanks to the 13 year old girls (and boys for that matter). I felt like such a grandma. I don't think i'll ever go to a concert again while i'm pregnant :).

8 comments:

RHETT AND NICHOLE said...

Wow, kinda sounds like fun, my mom wanted to go, you are a trooper, that is a long night, that is hilarious John wouldn't go! I would love to go with you to see your sis and cass, that would be so fun, call me for sure!

The Mursets said...

Krisit Cook bugs me too. Sorry it made you feel old. Let us all now how your next appointment goes(and post a belly pic), please. By the wy, I didn't mess up and type 22, I really was surprised, and got off and on the scale about 10 times to make sure.

Laura =0) said...

Hey girl me Laura Dalton here! I finally made a blog yay!! Anyway, wow that is a long night for a pregnant hormonal woman lol just kidding. Glad you made it out alive, how are ya?

Mikelle said...

Everything you said about all of them was exactly how i felt about each of them when i watched the show. That's fun you got to go. That would get annoying fast if i was in the middle of 13 year old girls though.

Tyler & Macy Kennett said...

You make me smile. I love your story telling, its so funny. lunch next week don't forget.

Katie & Benten Shober said...

Hey girl! Things are great just a busy summer!! How are you?? Yes I'm still here in the SLC. I'm going on 5 years here. Crazy huh. Time fly's :)

Sita, Shalie, Kalia, and Vili said...

I thought about going to the concert, but then I thought about all the crazies. You are getting so close to having your baby....how exciting!

Miss Ciara Nicole said...

I hope you are coming down here soon! I miss you!