6.12.2008

sugar & spice & everything nice...



Pretty much everyone guessed right! We're so excited... well I can say Jon is *more* excited now. He had the ultrasound tech check more than once just to make sure it wasn't a boy. Did anyone else go through this?? In retrospec it's pretty funny but during the ultrasound I wanted to punch him! He was in complete denial and all he could say was "what am I going to do with a girl?". It's been over a week and he's accepted that yes we're having a girl and has started putting input into the nursery. He even went baby shopping with me this weekend. We've started thinking of names (since Jon wouldn't even humor me before we found out it was a girl). However we don't fully agree on anything. I'm totally open to input here... anyone have any good ideas??
Sorry no ultrasound pics, she was moving around so much that all of the still frames aren't so great. The actual DVD of the ultrasound is amazing! The ultrasound tech put it in 3D for awhile, but she was moving so much it's kinda blurry (and not too mention pretty creepy:)).
As for now i've picked out the crib, it's at Babinsky's and I LOVE IT. I've also narrowed down everything from the carseat to the highchair (doesn't hurt to be prepared.) I am having the HARDEST time with bedding, it seems like everything I would actually consider is around the $600 price point. Forget that! If anyone knows of any good places to get baby bedding let me know.
Oh on a side note, anyone else read the first chapter of BREAKING DAWN??? I can email it to you if not....

15 comments:

The Mursets said...

Yeepy - I KNEW IT! They say girls just make you sicker. Picking out stuff is so much fun. You will have to post pictures of cute bedding when you find it. Our Babies R Us has TONS of super cute bedding, but I am not sure how expensive it is. We just bought all white for Nathan (babycenter.com- and under $100 for the complete set) and then accented the room & crib with other stuff, so now we will just do the same only with girly stuff this time. I hope to see some belly pics soon!!!

Mikelle said...

Congrats! I've been waiting to hear. That will be so fun to buy all the cute girl stuff. Good luck with everything!

Natalie said...

Yay!!! We find out on Monday if ours is really a girl too. Keith was so funny during the last ultrasound, he kept looking for a penis and asking the doctor where it was. He's totally set on a boy. The 3D ultrasound is totally creepy. Have you felt her move yet? I swear our baby was doing somersaults the other night it was the craziest feeling. Keep me updated!

Laura Edwards said...

Yay! That is so exciting! CONGRATS!

rickellespinoza said...

congrats! girls are tons of fun, and tell your husband not worry, she will have him wrapped around her pinkie in no time! have fun shopping and getting ready for her!

Anonymous said...

congrats!!! That's crazy because it seems that everyone is having boys right now! You are breaking the trend I guess.

JEREMY & JENNY NELSON said...

YAY !!!!! Girls are sooo fun!!! I'm so excited for you :) :) Where did you read Breaking Dawn at?? I need the chapter!!!

Miss Ciara Nicole said...

congrats!!! I want to see a pic of you! I bet you look so cute. And I went to your old house in bloomington for a yard sale...random eh?

Karamea said...

hoooray! she's going to be so little and adorable! even though we all know how ridiculous girls can be! haha juust kidding!
you're going to be the best momma ever!

RHETT AND NICHOLE said...

Yay for girls!!! More friends for Ever to have! I am so happy for you, she is going to be so cute, I can't wait to see her! Any name ideas yet?

Brandon, Camille & Milo said...

You are going to make such a great mom! I am so excited you are going to have a girl! You will have the cutest little girl. Let me know when you come down next because it has been way too long!

Laurel said...

Congrats to you both! Really congrats to all three of you! So exciting! And I'm glad you're having a girl. The abnormally high amount of boys being born these days will need girlfriends at some point!

The Weston's said...

congrats with the girl thing!
we found some awesome bedding at Pottery Barn kids in the clearance section- I mean how bad can the clearance section be at Pottery Barn kids right? That's my suggestion! I think we spent around $200???

JEREMY & JENNY NELSON said...

jennifer_brie@hotmail.com

Hope all is well!!!

Sita, Shalie, Kalia, and Vili said...

Congrats! Girls are sooooo much fun!