5.11.2009

{venting}

Can I vent for just a second?
I am baffled lately at choices made by my sisters... I have myspace only to keep tabs on their lives every now and again. Why is it that everytime I log in (maybe once a month or so) I am bombarded with "updates/bulletins" regarding crazyness? i.e. pregnant friends, guys in DT or that have been kicked out of their houses for a number of reasons I swear you only see on TV, incidences involving the police AND tickets for misconduct, etc..... And since when is it cool for middle schoolers to use the F word as if it were nothing? Come on! My sisters are 15/16! Are you kidding me? I am just so surprised that in middle school this is going on, and my sister who is a sophomore has been partying/drinking it up too with all her cheer friends, great example!

I am not being hypocritical here.... I fully admit that I got a bit crazy a good number of times and it all started in highschool at the end of my senior year.
But at this age???
Seriously I am never ever putting my kids in public school if this kind of business is starting in middle school.


On a good note however.... Halle has her 6 month checkup in about an hour (a little late but it's the soonest I could get her in) so i'll post all her fun 1/2 year stats later.

2 comments:

kate said...

Scary how young they start right? I work with troubled middle/high school kids, and I feel SO Naive sometimes.

Homeschool.

Okay.. not really really, but I may consider something drastic when the time comes! :)

Cassidy Legg said...

Hey will you call me